Privacy and Disclaimers
Freedom Finance Australia collects your personal information in order for one of its authorised representatives (that is, your adviser and/or the practice) to provide you with financial products and services. In order to undertake the management and administration of products and services, it may be necessary for us to disclose your personal information to our licensees, Affinia Financial Advisers, Financial Services Partners, First Mutual, Australian Unity Personal Financial Services and certain third parties.
We and your adviser will collect and use information about you during the course of your relationship with each of us.
It is important that the information we hold about you is up to date. You must let your adviser know when information you have provided has changed.
Collection, use and disclosure of information
We may use and disclose the information your adviser collects about you for the following purposes:
- to assist in providing you with products and services
- to consider your request for a product or service
- to enable Freedom Finance Australia to provide you with a product or service that was recommended to you by your adviser
- to tell you about other products or services that may be of interest to you
- to assist in arrangements with other organisations (for example product issuers) in relation to the promotion or provision of a product or service
- to manage the relationship between you and your adviser and any accounts or policies which you hold, and perform other administrative and operational tasks (including but not limited to risk management, systems development and testing, credit scoring, staff training and market, customer satisfaction or investment research)
- to consider any concerns or complaints you raise against Freedom Finance Australia, Financial Services Partners, Affinia Financial Advisers, First Mutual, Australian Unity Personal Financial Services and/or your adviser and to manage any legal action involving Financial Services Partners, Affinia Financial Advisers, First Mutual, Australian Unity and Freedom Finance Australia.
- to identify, prevent or investigate any fraud, unlawful activity or misconduct (or suspected fraud, unlawful activity or misconduct)
- to identify you or establish your tax status under any Australian or foreign legislation, regulation or treaty or pursuant to an agreement with any tax authority, or
- as required by relevant laws, regulations, codes of practice and external payment systems.
We may disclose your information to another licensee in order to enable you to continue to receive financial products and services in the following circumstances:
- where your adviser dies or their arrangements with us, or the licensee terminates
- where our authorised representative becomes an authorised representative of another licensee or
- where our authorised representative sells all or part of its business to another licensee.
Absence of relevant information
If you do not provide some or all of the information requested, Freedom Finance Australia may be unable to provide you with products or services.
Information required by law
We may be required by relevant laws to collect certain information from you. Details of laws that require us to collect information about individuals (personal information) and why these laws require us to collect personal information are contained in the Financial Services Partners, Affinia Financial Advisers, First Mutual and Australian Unity Personal Financial Services Privacy Policies.
Providing your information to others
We may provide your information to:
- our licensees, Affinia Financial Advisers, Financial Services Partners, First Mutual, Australian Unity or a representative of Freedom Finance Australia
- an organisation that has an arrangement with Freedom Finance Australia, Affinia Financial Advisers, Financial Services Partners, First Mutual or Australian Unity Personal Financial Services to jointly offer products and/or has an alliance with Freedom Finance Australia, Affinia, Financial Services Partners, First Mutual or Australian Unity to share information for marketing purposes (and any of its outsourced service providers or agents), to enable them, Freedom Finance Australia, Affinia Financial Advisers, Financial Services Partners, Australian Unity Personal Financial Services or First Mutual to: provide you with products or services; and/or promote a product or service
- any agent, contractor or service provider of Freedom Finance Australia, Affinia Financial Advisers, Financial Services Partners, First Mutual, Australian Unity Personal Financial Services or its authorised representative, engaged to carry out or assist with its functions and activities (for example, office support or paraplanning services, IT support providers and mailing houses)
- an organisation that assists Freedom Finance Australia, Affinia Financial Advisers, Financial Services Partners, First Mutual or Australian Unity Personal Financial Services to identify, prevent or investigate fraud, unlawful activity or misconduct
- regulatory bodies, government agencies, law enforcement bodies and courts
- other parties Freedom Finance Australia, Affinia Financial Advisers, Financial Services Partners, First Mutual or Australian Unity Personal Financial Services is authorised or required by law or court/tribunal order to disclose information to any person who introduces you to Freedom Finance Australia, Affinia Financial Advisers, Financial Services Partners, First Mutual or Australian Unity
- your referee(s)
- your employer
- your partner or spouse where they have sought advice jointly with you, or
- your authorised agents; your executor, administrator or trustee in bankruptcy
- your legal representative
- your attorney, or
- anyone else acting for you.
If you do not want us to tell you about products or services, please phone or email your adviser to withdraw your consent or contact Freedom Finance Australia on 1800 662 891 or email@example.com, Affinia Financial Advisers on 1300 233 4642 or firstname.lastname@example.org, Financial Services Partners on 1800 006 216 or email@example.com, First Mutual on firstname.lastname@example.org or Australian Unity on 13 29 39.
If you obtain credit services from Freedom Finance Australia, Affinia Financial Advisers, Financial Services Partners, First Mutual or Australian Unity Personal Financial Services your personal information, including information about your other credit liabilities, repayments and defaults, may be disclosed to credit reporting bodies. We may also collect this information from credit reporting bodies. Information about credit reporting, including the name and contact details of these credit reporting bodies, when we may disclose your personal information to them to include in a report about your credit worthiness, and how you can request credit reporting bodies not use your information in certain circumstances, is available here.
- the circumstances in which we or one of our related entities may collect personal information from other sources (including from a third party)
- how to access personal information and seek correction of personal information and
- how you can raise concerns that we or one of our related entities has breached the Privacy Act or an applicable code and how we or our related entity will deal with those matters.
Collecting sensitive information
We will not collect sensitive information about you, such as information about your health, without your consent.
If applicable, we may collect health information with your consent. Your health information will only be disclosed to a service provider or organisation where this is necessary in order to provide you with financial products and services.
Personal information you provide about someone else
If you give us personal information about someone else, please show them a copy of this notice so that they may understand the manner in which their personal information may be used or disclosed in connection with your dealings with us.
Financial Planning Services are provided by either Freedom Finance Australia Pty Ltd ABN 96 765 280 027 are Corporate Authorised Representatives of Financial Services Partners Pty Ltd ABN 15 089 512 587, AFSL 237 590; or FFA Consolidated Pty Ltd ACN: 603 236 577 Corporate Authorised Representative: 1256570 of Affinia Financial Advisers Limited or Freedom Finance Australia (Northern) Pty Ltd ACN 629 624 960 are Corporate Authorised Representatives of First Mutual Australia Pty Ltd ACN 154 012 085 AFSL 423710 or Freedom Finance Australia (NSW) Pty Ltd is an Authorised Representative of Australian Unity Personal Financial Services Limited ABN 26 098 725 145, AFSL 234459
Mortgage and lending services provided by Freedom Finance Australia MB Pty Ltd A.C.N. 163 388 074, Authorised Credit Representative, Connective Credit Services Pty Ltd, ABN 51 143 651 496, Australian Credit Licence 389 328
Tax and accounting services are provided by Freedom Finance Accounting Pty Ltd, ABN 23 857 625 196.
The information/advice provided in this website is General Advice Only. It has been prepared without taking into account any of your individual objectives, financial situation or needs. Before acting on this advice you should consider the appropriateness of the advice, having regard to your own objectives, financial situation and needs. You should obtain a Product Disclosure Statement relating to the products mentioned, and consider the statements before making any decision about whether to acquire products.
We take your privacy seriously and as such Freedom Finance Australia, Financial Services Partners, Affinia Financial Advisers, First Mutual, Australian Unity Personal Financial Services or any of the Financial Services Partners financial advisers, will never ask you to transfer money via email request unless we have spoken to you in person or the transfer is part of an existing arrangement between you and your financial adviser. If you receive any such requests that are outside the agreed arrangements you have with your financial adviser, please contact our office immediately to confirm the validity the request before you take any action – 1800 662 891 or email@example.com.
External Links / Adobe
Links to other sites are provided for your convenience only. Any such links do not constitute or imply endorsement or recommendations of any other company, product or service or any affiliation between Freedom Finance Australia, Affinia Financial Advisers, First Mutual or Financial Services Partners Pty Ltd, Australian Unity Personal Financial Services and any other organisation. Freedom Finance Australia, Affinia Financial Advisers, First Mutual, Financial Services Partners or Australian Unity does not control and is not responsible for the content of any other site accessed via this site.
The Adobe Acrobat Reader software is not provided, owned or endorsed by Freedom Finance Australia, Affinia Financial Advisers, First Mutual, Financial Services Partners or Australian Unity. It is your decision whether to download this software and you do so at your own risk.
Neither Freedom Finance Australia, Financial Services Partners, First Mutual, Affinia Financial Advisers Limited, Australian Unity nor the directors and officers of Freedom Finance Australia Pty Limited, Affinia Financial Advisers Limited, FSP Super Pty Limited or FSP Portfolio Administration Limited, make any representation or warranty as to the accuracy, reliability or completeness of material in this site, or in sites linked to this site. Except to the extent that liability under any statute cannot be excluded, Freedom Finance Australia, Affinia Financial Advisers, First Mutual, FSP Portfolio Services, its directors, employees and consultants do not accept any liability (in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise) for any error or omission in this material or for any loss or damage (direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise) suffered by any person.
The past is not necessarily a guide to future performance of an investment. The value of investments may fall as well as rise and investors may not get back the amount invested.
For more information send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Financial Services Partners
Freedom Finance Australia and our Financial Advisors are authorised representatives of Financial Services Partners.
Financial Services Partners holds an Australian Financial Services License (AFSL). This means we are licensed to provide you with advice on a range of financial issues and products. All of our advisers are registered with the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC).
Financial Services Partners is a part of the FSP Group, a business which was founded in 1999 to deliver high quality financial products and services to Australians. Financial Services Partners is a wholly owned subsidiary of IOOF Holdings Limited (IOOF).
Affinia Financial Advisers Limited
AffiniaAffinia Financial Advisers Limited (Affinia) is a wholly owned subsidiary within the TAL Group of companies whose ultimate holding company is TAL Dai-ichi Life Australia Pty Limited (ABN 97 150 070 483) (TAL). Affinia is a related corporation of TAL Life Limited (ABN 70 050 109 450) the life insurance provider; and of TAL Superannuation Limited (ABN 69 003 059 407) the superannuation provider within the TAL Group. Affinia’s Australian Financial Services Licence (AFSL) Number is 237857 and this commenced on 19 January 2004. Affinia is a Corporate Member of the Association of Financial Advisers Ltd (AFA) and actively supports the AFA Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct.
For more information regarding First Mutual visit http://firmofthefuture.net.au/
For more information regarding Australian Unity visit http://https://www.australianunity.com.au/wealth/financial-advice/
Financial Services Guide
(FSG) is provided to you to outline the financial services provided by Financial Services Partners Pty Ltd, First Mutual Pty Ltd, Australian Unity Personal Financial Services limited or Affinia Financial Advisers Limited and your adviser (who is authorised through Affinia or Financial Services Partners). It is designed to ensure you can make a fully-informed decision about whether you want to use our services.
Please take the time to read this guide carefully. Sound financial advice is based on open communication. Understanding our services and our fees is the cornerstone of this communication. It’s also important that you know who authorises your adviser, the nature of their associations and relationships and what to do if you have a complaint.
If you have further questions, or if there is anything that isn’t clear please contact us on 1800 662 891 or talk to your adviser.